With SFTP Gateway version 3.004.00, you can now integrate Google Cloud Authentication with SFTP Gateway’s web admin portal. In other words, web admins can leverage their existing Google Cloud credentials instead of managing another account just for SFTP Gateway.
- Create and configure an OAuth 2.0 client in Google Cloud
- Point SFTP Gateway to the OAuth 2.0 client
What is Google Cloud Authentication?
Google Cloud Authentication is a set of tools and services that allow users to securely access and manage resources on the Google Cloud Platform. It provides a way to verify the identity of users and control access to resources based on permissions and policies. Google Cloud Authentication uses industry-standard security protocols, such as OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, and Security Assertion Markup Language (SAML) to ensure secure authentication and authorization. With Google Cloud Authentication, users can use their existing Google accounts or other external identity providers to authenticate and access cloud resources.
How to Create OAuth 2.0 Client IDs in API & Services and Integrate Google Cloud Authentication with SFTP Gateway
Keep this page open as you will need the client ID and client secret when you configure the Identity provider in SFTP Gateway.
Configure the Identity Provider on SFTP Gateway
- Identity Provider Display Name: This is the name that will be displayed on the login screen for Web Admin Users.
- Issuer URI: Paste in this value, https://accounts.google.com
- Client ID: Paste in the client ID from OAuth 2.0 client overview page.
- Client Secret: Paste in the client secret from OAuth 2.0 client overview page.
- Name Attribute: Set this value to sub.
- Registration ID: Use the custom name you made for the callback URI when creating the OAuth 2.0 client.
Test the changes in the web browser
You will then be redirected to enter your Google Cloud credentials.
Once logged in, you will be authenticated to the SFTP Gateway web admin portal. You’ve now successfully integrated Google Cloud Authentication with SFTP Gateway’s web admin portal.